Tuesday, November 20, 2012
deleting my fb
I have decided last night to delete my facebook account and the decision feels final. This issue of being so open to the world has always been an interesting feeling. Online people have the opportunity to transform themselves into something new. The social networking sites gives everyone a chance to create themselves. A fresh blank sheet of paper. The crazy thing is I know some people who portray themselves as kind, loving, and the sweetest people alive. But in reality they crazy as heck! That is what brings up a red flag in my mind. Online we can be more free and test new limits. I wonder what that does to the reality of our lives. Or maybe I am just blabbering when there is really nothing there. The main reason for deleting my account was to just cut myself off. I wanted to free myself of facebook and not have post about my life. I have had an account for over six years now and it will be tough. Nowadays facebook is where you find everything about everything about someone. Which is pretty scary if you think about it. Anyway this break is a break up and I think the timing is perfect. With anything else we shall see how hard it will be to truly walk away from something. I mean facebook is a great tool and provides many resources at the click of a mouse. So that shall be the missing factor when I finally click the confirm button at the end of my work day. Here is to a new adventure :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment